- About Us
- Why Us
- At a Glance
- Contact Us
- English ( English)
Hiring for CEO
Sirajganj Economic Zone Limited (SEZL)
Job Title : Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reporting to: : Board of Directors
Direct reports: Chairman of the Board
Job Context : Sirajganj Economic Zone Limited (SEZL) is one of the largest and well-planned private economic zone in Bangladesh. The project will play an instrumental role in generating investment and employment opportunities in the Northern part of Bangladesh. It has all the potential to contribute to the country’s industrial development. The key objectives of the role are to ensure the establishment, development, operation, maintenance and promotion of Sirajganj Economic Zone (SEZ).
- Lead the organization and will be responsible for day-to-day management and operations for the fulfillment of the objectives of the organization and report to the Board of Directors.
- Develop & implement long-term strategic plan and annual business plan under the guidance of Board of Directors and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the organization attains its objectives in most effective and efficient way.
- Ensure and oversee organization’s financial performances, investments & other business venture.
- Regular update and report to the Chair of the Board (and other Board Members when needed) on the progress of the business plan.
- Ensure to fulfill all legal, statutory and other regulatory compliance while executing the annual business plan.
- Provide strategic recommendations and suggestions to the Chair and members of the board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and to explore new market / clients for Economic Zone.
- Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and employees.
- Develop and implement standard operational policies for organization within the limits prescribed by applicable laws and regulations and the framework of the strategy approved by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate and negotiate with the clients for the selling, leasing and other issues to establish their business in Economic Zone and ensure clients service.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal relationships and trust with clients, relevant government regulatory bodies, departments and agencies, local administration / authorities, policy makers, local elites / communities, contractors / supplier and other stakeholders, to exchange information and views and to achieve organization goal.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure most favorable contract terms.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
- Provide proper guidance & advice to the SEZL team and supervise them for timely completion of assignment.
- Maintain a positive and ethical work environment that is beneficial to attract, retain and motivate top-quality employees at all levels.
- Lead organizational CSR activities to build a positive image among all the stakeholders including local communities.
- Perform any other reasonable duties or tasks requested by the Chair or Board of Directors.
Employment Status: Full time
- Masters from any reputed university
- Candidate having MBA / Engineering degree will get preference.
- The candidate should have at least 20 years’ experience in relevant field with 03 years of experience as Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer or Senior position in any group of companies or multinational company.
- However, experience requirement may be relaxed for highly deserving candidate with relevant experiences in EPZ or similar projects.
- Relevant experience in EPZ / Economic zone will be added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Should have professional experience and understanding in finance, budget, commercial, economics, supply chain management, and project management
- Familiarity with corporate law, industrial legislation and management best practices
- Cross country exposure / cross functional exposure will be added advantage
- Conceptual skills, human skills and relevant technical skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, negotiation, decision making, communication, interpersonal, teamwork, leadership and influencing skills
- Capability to motivate employees and to ensure corporate workplace culture
Age Limit : Maximum 55 years of age.
Job Location : Head Office, Dhaka but frequent visit to project site.
Salary : Negotiable
Compensation and Benefits: As per organizational policy.
Apply Instruction: Interested candidates, who meet the above criteria are invited to send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussions.